Mecer Xtreme S6 Smart Android Mini PC
Mecer Xtreme S6 Smart Android Mini PC, Rockchip Quad Core RK3229 Cortex-A7 1.5GHz CPU, 1GB DDR3, 8GB NAND Flash Memory (eMMC), Embedded 802.11 b/g/n Wireless LAN and Bluetooth 4.0, Built-in Micro SD Card Reader (up to 64GB SD Card), 2 x USB2.0, 1 x HDMI, 1 x AV Out (3-in-1), Embedded 10/100TX Ethernet, Including Remote Controller and 1 metre HDMI Cable, Android 7.0 Desktop User Interface, Support Netflix / Hulu / Flixster / YouTube, Dimension 155 x 92 x 17.5mm, Weight 35g (Special note: Please download the PDF guide from this website to upgrade the firmware, to set up apps and Netflix - a firmware upgrade is required for full functionality of this device)
Mecer Xtreme S6 Smart Android Mini PC
- Rockchip Quad Core RK3229 Cortex-A7 1.5GHz CPU
- 1GB DDR3, 8GB NAND Flash Memory (eMMC)
- Embedded 802.11 b/g/n Wireless LAN and Bluetooth 4.0
- Built-in Micro SD Card Reader (up to 64GB SD Card)
- 2 x USB2.0
- 1x HDMI
- 1 x AV Out (3-in-1), Embedded 10/100TX Ethernet, Including Remote Controller and 1 metre HDMI Cable
- Android 7.0 Desktop User Interface
- Support Netflix / Hulu / Flixster / YouTube
- Dimension 155 x 92 x 17.5mm
- Weight 35g
Special note: Please download the PDF guide from this website
Please upgrade the firmware and download the application APK to set up apps and Netflix - a firmware upgrade is required for full functionality of this device.
FIRMWARE UPGARDING STEPS (first time set-up - only required once)
- Download the firmware update file from the Mustek Repository website. http://ftp.mustek.co.za/list.php?dir=Repository%2FPeripheral%2FMediaPlayer%2F
- Place the “update.zip”file on a FAT32 USB flash drive. If you need to know how to format your flashdrive to FAT32 please go to the following link. https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/format-usb-drive/
- Connect the flash drive containing the update file to the S6 device
- Wait for a message to appear on the screen as illustrated below and select to install it.
- The device will reboot to complete the update, do not interrupt this process in anyway.
- The unit will boot up into the new graphical user interface, you will receive a prompt that the update was done successfully. You will be asked if you wish to delete the update located on the flash drive, select “No” and remove the flash drive from the S6.
- Go into the settings menu and select “Storage and Reset”, there will be an option to do a “Factory Reset”, select it and restore the device to the new firmware factory state.Please note: the Factory reset will wipe all personal data stored on the device
INSTALLING AN APPLICATION (first time set-up - only required once)
- Download the application APK file from a website like www.apkpure.com
- You can download the file using the S6 browser or you can download it from a PC and place the file on a USB flash drive.
- When the file has been downloaded you need to browse to its download location on the device or to the USB flash drive if you used another PC. To find both the aforementioned locations select the “FileExplorer” application on the home screen. The downloads folder can be located on the “Internal Flash” storage and the flash drive is labeled as "USB"
- When the APK file is selected a screen will appear, in the bottom right corner you can select to install it. When the installation is complete you can select “Done” or “Open”.
- If you want to open an application not listed on the home screen then you can select the “Apps” icon on the home screen, when opened it will list all the apps installed.
- Please note: We do not guarantee compatibility with all applications.
© Respective owners and brand holders. © 2019 Laptop Direct CC. The contents has been generated by Laptop Direct CC (https://www.laptopdirect.co.za). All products are sourced locally in South Africa and the warranty is that of the local supplier only. E&OE.