Hard Drives for video streaming / surveillance
Buy Hard Drives for video streaming / surveillance - online in South Africa
SATA3 video streaming and video surveillance hard drivesEnhances data storage reliability in video security systems Affordable drives for recording video / security / surveillance footage Desktop and notebook drives were not designed for recording Streaming video 24/7. Drive manufacturers have designed drives for the sole purpose of recording video surveillance footage. The drives run cooler, reduce ....more..
SATA3 video streaming and video surveillance hard drives
Enhances data storage reliability in video security systems
Affordable drives for recording video / security / surveillance footage
Desktop and notebook drives were not designed for recording Streaming video 24/7. Drive manufacturers have designed drives for the sole purpose of recording video surveillance footage.
The drives run cooler, reduce errors and have a longer life span (1 Million hours of recording and more)
What is important with surveillance drives is reliability,both physical lifespan and the ability to reduce errors, and the ability to record many simultaneous channels at once without dropping frames.
Get the industry standard in video surveillance storage with Seagate SV35 Series hard drives. High-capacity, surveillance-optimized performance with an MTBF of more than 1M hours. Now with AcuTrac technology to enhance tracking reliability and performance, even under the most difficult operating environments.
Cost-effective, massive capacity designed for video storage applications.
Maximize your cost-per-gigabyte performance with the industry-leading, 1TB-per-disk technology of the SV35 Series drives. With 1TB, 2TB and 3TB capacity points and the fewest internal components, SV35 Series drives deliver an unprecedented combination of high capacity, reliability and cost-effectiveness.
Build better surveillance systems.
- SV35 Series hard drives feature storage power and high performance for modern video surveillance systems.
- SATA 6Gb/s interface enables the newest, fastest hard drive controllers as well as legacy SATA 1.5Gb/s and 3Gb/s controllers
- Leading 1TB-per-disk technology delivers 1TB, 2TB and 3TB capacities with fewer mechanical components
- 2A current-limited and spin control features enable more power management, saving power and improving reliability during archival periods
High-performance surveillance storage solutions.
Stream more data faster and support more simultaneous cameras with SV35 Series drives.With the industry's highest areal density rates, SV35 Series drives support data rates up to 210MB per second. Combined with new dual processor technology, 64MB of cache and surveillance-optimized write-cache management, there is no drive that matches the SV35 Series for high-performance surveillance applications.
Surveillance hard drives with enterprise-class reliability.
- SV35 hard drives are engineered for high-write workloads and multiple video stream recording with these features:
- Industry-leading MTBF of >1M hours; AFR of <1%
- Performance driven, 7200-RPM base platform optimized with 64MB DDR2 DRAM, a dual core processor and surveillance-optimized write caching
- Seagate AcuTrac servo technology provides accurate read-write operation even in challenging operating environments
Perfect when you need to:
- Equip network surveillance video recorders (NVR)
- Build surveillance digital video recorders (DVR)
- Create direct-attached or network-attached JBOD video storage
What do you get?
- SV35 Series hard drive
- Storage tailored for modern video surveillance systems
- Highly reliable storage designed for 24/7 workloads
- Legendary SV35 Series brand awareness for video surveillance storage
Western Digital Purple Surveillance drives
You wouldn’t use a bicycle to transport cargo across the country because it’s not the right tool for the job. You also shouldn’t use a desktop hard drive in your surveillance security system because it wasn’t designed for that application.
WD Purple surveillance-class storage has been tested to be compatible in a wide-range of security systems. These drives are designed to replace standard desktop drives that were not designed for the harsh 24/7 always-on, high-definition surveillance environment. Desktop drives are built to run for only short intervals and are not engineered to withstand high-temperature fluctuations and equipment vibrations found in a typical surveillance application.
WD Purple surveillance-class hard drives are equipped with AllFrame technology which works with ATA streaming to reduce frame loss, improve playback and increases the number of drive bays supported. AllFrame reduces video interruptions that commonly occur when desktop hard drives are incorrectly used as storage in security systems. Missed frames and lost footage is a serious problem when an event occurs and surveillance footage needs to be retrieved. WD Purple with AllFrame provides the confidence you should expect when it’s time to play back and review critical surveillance footage.
Whether you’re protecting your personal assets and loved ones or monitoring the business you worked hard to build, you can rely on surveillance-class storage built by one of the largest hard drive manufacturers in the world. WD Purple Surveillance Storage is designed for high temperature, always-on, surveillance security systems to ensure reliability and quality video play back when you need it most. Experience the security of knowing you’re using a surveillance–class drive designed by a leader in the hard drive industry.
- Reduces video frame loss with surveillance-class storage.
- Specifically tuned for surveillance security systems.
- Caching algorithms are tuned for write-intensive, low bit rate, high stream count applications that are typical of surveillance applications.
- Priority change for write allocations and preemptive caching policies.
- TLER & ATA streaming support.
- Supports up to eight drives.
Lower power consumption
WD Purple surveillance hard drives are built for compatibility with industry-leading chassis and chip set manufacturers for seamless integration into your new or existing video surveillance system. Check out our compatibility selector to find out what surveillance drive is right for you.
Low power consumption is crucial in high-temperature always-on surveillance environments. With exclusive IntelliSeek technology, WD Purple drives calculate the optimum seek speeds which lowers power consumption, noise and vibration that can damage and cause desktop drives to wear out more quickly. When you invest in a premium surveillance-class drive you worry less while enjoying the benefits over a longer period of time.
Optimized performance for up to 32 HD cameras
WD Purple hard drives are optimized to support up to 32 high-definition surveillance cameras, giving you the flexibility to upgrade and expand your security system in the future.